Recipe by Aunt Sukki
I found this recipe at weekofmenus.blogspot.com.
Top Review by *Parsley*
These noodles are just right when you need a quick side dish for asian foods and you're tired of doing rice. I made these as written; just used extra scallions. I used reduced-sodium soy sauce as my preference. These are very easy to make yet they are very tasty. Thanx !
- 8 ounces noodles (angel hair or spaghetti)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add scallions and garlic.
- Stir and cook without browning the garlic.
- Cook until the garlic smell is fragrant and filling the room (about 5 minutes).
- Add brown sugar and soy sauce and cook for another minute.
- Increase the heat a bit and throw in the noodles.
- Quickly saute the noodles until they are all coated with the garlicky butter mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with additional scallions if desired.