Recipe by Oolala
Adapted from Food For thought, Favorite Recipes of Morristown-Beard School. Heat marinade in saucepan and let cool down and marinate salmon 2-3 hours and then grill.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 24 scallions, white portion only
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan and then add scallions and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sliced garlic and continue to cook.
- Add red pepper flakes, thyme and soy sauce and continue to cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let cool downl.
- Cut a pocket into the salmon and place 1 piece of the marinated scallion in it. OR- place it on top of the salmon if wrapping into a foil packet.
- Place the salmon fillets into the chilled marinade and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and discard marinade.
- Preheat grill and then lower flame on grill.
- Place salmon on foil or in foil packets and grill until done, about 6-8 minutes or done to your preference.