Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from Ina Garten's cookbook. It is fantastic!
Make and share this Garlic Sauteed Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse spinach well in cold water; dry well.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add all the spinach, salt, and pepper to the pot; toss with the garlic and oil.
- Cover the pot and cook for 2 minutes.
- Uncover, turn heat on high, and cook for another minute, stirring until all the spinach is wilted.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift the spinach to a serving bowl and top with butter.
This is the only way I've made spinach. We love the garlic taste so much, I double it!! Thanks for posting.
A much healthier and much tastier alternative to creamed spinach. I will be making this quite often since I don't like raw spinach. Thank you very much.
Wonderful side dish. The spinach taste comes through, but the garlic flavor is there also. Good combination. I made it exactly as written and we loved it!