Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but a friend gave this to me. I wanted to post it here to keep it.
- 16 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces shredded Italian cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat, add flour and stir until light golden brown (don't burn), wisk in milk garlic pwd and salt and pepper.
- Mix sauce in with sasuage, mix with pasta then pour into a casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray, sprinkle cheeses on top.
- Bake 350 for 30min until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with garlic bread.
This was a delicious dish, however, I think I will make more of the sauce next time as it was a little dry. Over all, it had a very good taste. Thank you for sharing!
It has potential. It uses a basic white sauce or roux but the proportions would be better with 1/2 c of butter, and less milk. I quickly fried garlic in the oil from the sausage, which gave it a fresh garlic punch.
Oh...My...GOODNESS!! I think there are times when there are just not enough stars, and this is one of them! This is a to die for comfort food type casserole, oh my....and it's so easy to make! It's creamy and cheesy and ooohhhhh so good! I used *hot* Italian sausage and a "pizza blend" shredded cheese for this recipe. Well, I bet we can all guess that YES I WILL be making this again and again. Winner winner pasta dinner! Made for PAC Fall 09.