I found this recipe in one of those little pamphlets that you can pick up at the supermarket. I made it for dinner last night and it is so tasty! It brings to mind some of the dishes I like to eat when I visit the Chinese buffet, but it is made with Italian sausage and olive oil, ingredients one doesn't find in Chinese cuisine. Garlic sauce can be purchased at any supermarket that has a Chinese food section and comes in three strengths: mild, medium and strong, depending on how much you like garlic. I used medium and it was perfect for our taste.
- Heat the oil and brown the sausage in a large frying pan for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes, then add the peppers, onion and broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a pot of boiling, well-salted water.
- Add the garlic sauce to the sausage mixture and continue to cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Drain the pasta well and add to the frying pan with the sausage mixture.
- Stir well for 2 minutes to allow the pasta to soak up some of the sauce.