- 1 large head of garlic
- 10 slices white bread
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and crush the garlic, the entire head.
- Remove the crusts from the white bread, and place the crustless bread in a mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic along with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Let this soften for 1 hour.
- Beat with an electric mixer until all is smooth.
- Don't do this with a food processor as it will be too smooth.
- Add lemon juice, slowly add water while the mixer is running so you will have a thick and fluffy sauce.