Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw a chicken recipe in a magazine in my doctor's waiting room yesterday. This is the sauce part of that recipe and I think would be great over grilled or roasted chicken, or fish. I added in the parsley as I have heaps growing in my garden and need to use it.
- 400 g can chickpeas, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 118.29 ml low fat natural yogurt
- Blend the first three ingredients until smooth, then stir through the last two mixing well.
- Refrigerate about an hour to allow the flavours to develop.
Very nice! Being on a restricted diet we don't get a lot of sauces or dips, but this one is perfect for our dietary needs. Has a wonderful creamy color and a nice thick texture. Made as written. The taste I toke before letting it is for an hour was very strong, but as Jan said it will mellow with the hour sit time. Used some over green beans and used the rest as a veggie dip. Jan had suggested adding either some cumin or chili powder which I did with the half I used as veggie dip which gave it a nice warm dimension and kept it from just being leftovers. It did turn out pretty thick which made it good to use as a dip. Thanks so much for the post.