Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce is so delicious that I always double it. We use it on our Roasted Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large head of garlic, roasted and smashed
- 4 lemon peel strips, 1 inch wide
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 oregano sprigs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Put olive oil, lemon peel and garlic in pan over medium-low heat. Stir until garlic is well incorporated.
- Add broth, water and herbs; simmer to reduce mixture by about half.
- Discard herb sprigs and lemon peel.
- Transfer broth mixture to a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
- Return the processor mixture into original saucepan and whisk in the butter over very low heat until well incorporated.
- Sauce can be rewarmed before serving.