Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like garlic you'll love this sauce, very intense taste. Excellent with poultry (or anything!!)
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Combine the chicken stock and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes, until garlic is soft.
- Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Reutrn the puree to the saucepan over low heat.
- Whisk in the buttermilk and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, just until the mixture begins to bubble around the edges.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl and then whisk into the garlic sauce.
- Return to heat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot.
I made this to serve over sauted chicken breast halves. Boy, did this sauce perk up the chicken!! This is a very flavorful garlic sauce. I like the little zing the buttermilk gave it. Followed the recipe exactly, very easy. OH, I did sprinkle a little paprika on the finished dish. Thanks Dorothy, another goodie!!
This was so easy and very tasty. I put it over pasta and italian sausage and it was great. I loved how light it was too. I added a little more cornstarch mixture as I like a little thicker sauce. Can't wait to make it again.