Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe was floating around Facebook. Unsure of the origin but thought I would try it.
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
- 2. Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
- 3. Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
- 4. Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- 5. Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!