Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 whole turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6-8 clove garlic
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 9.85 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 4.92 ml rubbed sage
- Cut six to eight small slits in turkey skin insert garlic between the skin and meat. Squeeze two lemon halves inside the turkey and leave them inside. Squeeze remaining lemon over outside of turkey.
- Spray the turkey with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with rosemary and sage. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325'F for 1 hour.
- Cover and bake 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 185'F.
Another winner! I was concerned about the lemon taste with making the gravy, but there was no problem. The gravy made from the drippings tasted just fine. I was going to squeeze another half of lemon over the turkey when it was half way done, but forgot.
Seems this recipe has been overlooked for awhile, but since making it I have to tell you... It's excellent!! Packed with exceptional flavor, this is now a new favorite to make often for chicken and turkey!
This is an easy tasty fall off the bone tender, moist bird recipe! I think that says it all - I like the subtle lemon flavor combined with the garlic rosemary & sage. I had to use dry herbs but they worked - I made a walnut cranberry stuffing on the side and it went well with this bird. I see by the number that it must have been one of your first posted recipes I am g;ad you posted it