Top Review by Charlotte J
Another winner! I was concerned about the lemon taste with making the gravy, but there was no problem. The gravy made from the drippings tasted just fine. I was going to squeeze another half of lemon over the turkey when it was half way done, but forgot.
- 1 whole turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- 6 -8 cloves garlic
- 2 large lemons, halved
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut six to eight small slits in turkey skin insert garlic between the skin and meat. Squeeze two lemon halves inside the turkey and leave them inside. Squeeze remaining lemon over outside of turkey.
- Spray the turkey with nonstick cooking spray; sprinkle with rosemary and sage. Place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325'F for 1 hour.
- Cover and bake 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours longer or until a meat thermometer reads 185'F.