1/2 Photos of Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken
2 hrs 15 mins
A great tasting roasted chicken from the RSVP section of the April 1997 Cooking Light magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- 2Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken.
- 3Rinse chicken under cold water; pat dry.
- 4Trim excess fat.
- 5Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers and gently pushing fingers between skin and meat.
- 6Place rosemary and crushed garlic beneath skin of breast and drumsticks.
- 7Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken.
- 8Place chicken, breast side up, on a broiler pan.
- 9Cut a thin slice from end of each onion.
- 10Remove white papery skins from garlic heads (do not peel or separate cloves).
- 11Cut tops off garlic heads, leaving root end intact.
- 12Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- 13Bake at 450ºF for 30 minutes.
- 14Brush onions and garlic heads with olive oil.
- 15Arrange onions and garlic heads around chicken.
- 16Reduce oven temperature to 350ºF, bake an additional 1 hour 15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 180ºF.
- 17Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.
- 18Discard skin from chicken.
- 19Squeeze roasted heads of garlic to extract pulp; serve as a spread on French bread, if desired.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Rosemary Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 522.7
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 153.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 39.1 g