Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Okay, so sometimes you just have to hide squash in things--but the squash gives mashed potatoes a creamier but almost bolder taste. I’m a garlic fiend, so the garlic sets off the creaminess with almost a tang. I found this recipe in a magazine and changed it a little bit. Great with a mushroom gravy or some steamed veggies.
- 1 squash, of your choice (peeled and cubed)
- 2 medium potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese (or soymilk or soy sour cream)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chopped rosemary (or dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch lemon pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch oregano (optional)
- 1 pinch thyme (optional)
- parmesan cheese, on top (optional)
- Combine squash and potatoes into large pot.
- Cover with water and heat on burner to medium.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Leave in pot until both squash and potatoes are tender.
- Strain and mash in a bowl.
- Add herbs n' spices and half of the ricotta cheese or milk.
- Blend then add the other half (cheese/milk).
- Blend some more.
- Serve warm and enjoy!