Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Overwhelmed by all the green cherry tomatoes your garden is giving you? Try this recipe. Green cherry (or grape) tomatoes well seasoned with rosemary lots and lots of garlic and heat from Serrano's! I used most green with a few almost red and red ones for color. The red may burst because of the ripe softer fruit. I choose Serrano's for the heat but if you milder go for jalapenos or spicier go for a habanero. Garnish a bloody Mary or a vodka martini with a couple of these! ;)
- 2365.9 ml green tomatoes or 2365.9 ml red cherry tomatoes, washed
- 1 large sweet onion, 2 cups diced
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced
- 10-12 garlic cloves, sliced paper thin
Brine Vinegar Mix
- 14.79 ml minced fresh rosemary
- 4.92 ml black peppercorns
- 4.92 ml pink peppercorns
- 59.14 ml canning salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 709.77 ml vinegar
- 236.59 ml water
- Place the veggie mix in a large pot.
- In an other pot place all the Vinegar ingredients bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Strain and divide the herbs in to the jars.
- Pack veggie mix into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Ladle hot vinegar over the veggies leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Remove air bubbles. Add more liquid if needed.
- Wipe jars adjust caps and process for 15 minutes in a hot water bath.
- remove and let sit in a draft free spot till cool.
- Place a cool, dark cupboard.
- Ready to eat in 3 weeks. Or save for Christmas gift giving.