Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These mushrooms are so easy and so awesome! I like to eat these alone! They are great with steak, awesome in omlettes, and with chicken they are just fantastic! Found this in EatingWell newsletter.
- 1 ounce bacon, chopped (about 11/2 slices)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, button, shiitake (stemmed)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until just beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost dry, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
These mushrooms were really good. I must confess that I made a few (subtle) changes but your recipe was what got me there! I cooked the bacon, removed it from the pan and chopped it up before returning it to the pan (ok, minor change). I then added the next ingredients, minus the garlic- I held out for that addition for a few extra minutes because I didn't want it to burn. I then followed the recipe to a tee with the addition of the juice from 1/2 lemon at the end- it seemed a bit salty at this point and really benefitted from the fresh acidic taste. Yummy! A really great recipe for mushrooms- Thanks so much for sharing, we will definitely make these again!