Recipe by Manami
These mushrooms are so easy and so awesome! I like to eat these alone! They are great with steak, awesome in omlettes, and with chicken they are just fantastic! Found this in EatingWell newsletter.
Top Review by hollyfrolly
These mushrooms were really good. I must confess that I made a few (subtle) changes but your recipe was what got me there! I cooked the bacon, removed it from the pan and chopped it up before returning it to the pan (ok, minor change). I then added the next ingredients, minus the garlic- I held out for that addition for a few extra minutes because I didn't want it to burn. I then followed the recipe to a tee with the addition of the juice from 1/2 lemon at the end- it seemed a bit salty at this point and really benefitted from the fresh acidic taste. Yummy! A really great recipe for mushrooms- Thanks so much for sharing, we will definitely make these again!
- 1 ounce bacon, chopped (about 11/2 slices)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, button, shiitake (stemmed)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until just beginning to brown, about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost dry, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour in wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute.