Recipe by cookiedog
This is a lightened up version of mashed potatoes getting a little extra flavor from roasted garlic. From TOH Everyday Light Meals cookbook.
Top Review by lazyme
Yummy! I love garlic mashed potatoes and this was awesome with the rosemary. I was a little afraid to saute the rosemary - but so glad that I did. The oil was infused with the wonderful rosemary flavor. I too used fresh to top them off. Thanks cookiedog for a great side. Made by a fellow Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
- 6 medium baking potatoes (about 3 lbs.)
- 1 large head of garlic, bulb (whole)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400F for 45-55 minutes or until tender.
- Meanhwile, remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves); cut top off bulb. Place on a piece of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1/2 teaspoons of oil. Wrap foil around bulb. Bake at 400F for 30 to 35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large mixing bowl. Cut potatoes in half; scoop out pulp and add to garlic. Discard potato skins. Mash potatoes.
- In a small saucepan, saute rosemary in remaining oil for 2 minutes; add to potato mixture.
- Add milk and salt; beat until fluffy.