24 hrs 45 mins
Chef #1271504's Note:
If you like fresh rosemary and grilled juicy lamb as much as I do this is a recipe for you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 australian leg of lamb, boneless
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
roasted red pepper sauce
- 1To make marinade, combine the cayenne, garlic, Kosher salt, ½ cup of the olive oil, 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest, ¼ cup of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the rosemary. Pour over the lamb. Refrigerate lamb for 24 hours, turning every few hours to coat in marinade.
- 2Place leg on a preheated grill and cover. After 15 minutes, remove the cover and turn. Cover again. Continue to turn meat every 15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 140°F, about 35-45 minutes.
- 3To make the roasted red pepper sauce, combine half of the roasted red peppers, the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of rosemary in a blender. Blend until smooth. Fold in the remaining roasted red pepper. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until needed.
- 4To serve, slice lamb and place 6 ounces on a plate. Top with ¼ cup of chunky roasted red pepper sauce.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Rosemary Grilled Leg of Australian Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.5
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1310.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
leg of lamb