Recipe by Rise`
I adore garlic so here is yet another recipe using it! I don't know who gave this recipe to me, I found it this weekend in a kitchen drawer! I hope you enjoy it.
Top Review by foodlover
I made this on Saturday night for family that came over. They really loved the big garlic taste and the kids also liked the the idea of having their own little chickens. I took your advice and made rice (I used used Rice a Roni the one with garlic). Thank you for listing this, the hens are not expensive so this was a good recipe to make.
- 4 Cornish hens
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 20 -25 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450.
- Rinse and pat dry game hens.
- Season cavities lightly with salt& pepper.
- Cut lemon into 4 wedges.
- Place 1 wedge inside each hen along with 1 sprig of the rosemary and 1 clove peeled garlic Rub outside of hens with 1 tbl of oil.
- Season outside of hen lightly with salt& pepper.
- Place hens in pan placing peeled garlic around all.
- Roast hens for appx 25 minutes at 450.
- Reduce temp to 350 and pour wine, broth and remaining oil over hens.
- Continue to cook for about 25 minutes (or until juice from thickest part runs clear) Be sure to baste about every 10 minutes in this final cooking time.
- Remove hens from pan and pour remaining juices as well as any juices from the cavities into medium saucepan Boil juices about 6 to 8 minutes (or until desired consistency).
- Arrange hens on plates and spoon sauce and garlic over and around each, add additional rosemary as a garnish if you like.
- The 4-8 servings is that you can cut the hens in half to double the servings.
- This goes very well with a light salad and rice pilaf (and of course a glass of wine).