Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice recipe that give even the potatoes a little bit of a tart taste. I wrote this down for my sister who is always looking for an easy recipe.
- 4 whole chicken legs-thighs
- 8 -10 small potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh lemon, juice of
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 8 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 450°F(230°C).
- Slice potatoes in half length-wise. Set aside in a bowl of water to keep from browning.
- Squeeze lemon into a bowl. Add olive oil to the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cut small slits in chicken legs.
- Slice garlic cloves and stuff into the cuts in the chicken legs.
- Break apart rosemary sprigs and stuff into the cuts in the chicken legs.
- Place chicken legs and potatoes, cut side down, on a baking sheet, with small bits of rosemary underneath the potatoes.
- Place any remaining rosemary & garlic and the chopped onion around chicken and potatoes.
- Pour olive oil and lemon mix over the chicken and potatoes. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Lower oven to 375°F(190°C).
- Bake for 60 minutes uncovered on middle rake until chicken and potatoes are tender.
Very tasty and simple to make. Already made it twice.