Recipe by Marie
This is an awesome potato casserole!
Top Review by riffraff
This is the BEST Au Gratin potato recipe I have ever had. Not all greasy, cheesy. The sauce did not get all clotted and ugly, it was creamy and pretty. The parm. has a very distinct flavor that we really enjoyed. I upped the garlic (of course) a little. Nice company quality recipe. Perfect potatoes!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk, bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in rosemary, garlic, salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.