Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is basically a mayonnaise heavily flavoured with Garlic and rosemary. At our recent Tapas party I served this with Cod & Potato Tapas. I think it was pretty good. It is also excellent with shrimp or anything that suits garlicky mayonnaise.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in food processor.
- Blend till combined.
- While machine is running slowly pour in oil in thin steady stream. Continue to add oil until mayonnaise reaches desired thickness.
- Do not over beat.
Reviewed for Zaar World Tour 3* Thanks for a great recipe. The rosemary and tobasco gave the mayo a little extra something special. Simple to make and fantastic with prawns. Photo to be posted.
Delicious! I enjoyed this as a dip for Connie's Cod Cakes at my tapas party & I've served it alongside Baked Salmon Loaf Baked Salmon Loaf by dojemi. Thanx Connie!
To me this was an outstanding 5 stars! The flavours combined to provide a zippy, creamy taste sensation. I wanted to slather it on the cod & potato tapas. It reminded me of a really good summer day fresh home grown tomato sandwich with homemade mayo and lettuce from the garden. Yummy! Thank you Connie.