Recipe by ninja
Spicy, tasty shrimp! Don't attempt to make without the SMOKED paprika ... it makes the dish and regular paprika won't taste the same at all. Good on a buffet, but will result in fewer servings when served as an entree. Recipe can easily be cut in half. Adapted from Bon Appetit.
- nonstick vegetable cooking spray
- 1360.77 g jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1 1/2-inch triangles
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 36.97 ml smoked paprika
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 22.18 ml chopped fresh oregano
- 118.29 ml dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray two 13x9x2-inch metal baking pans with nonstick spray. Mix shrimp, peppers, oil, garlic, smoked paprika, and cayenne in a large bowl to coat.
- Divide mixture between prepared pans, arranging shrimp in single layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. If desired, you can prepare ahead to this point, cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Roast shrimp 10 minutes. Turn shrimp; sprinkle with oregano. Roast until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 7 minutes longer.
- Transfer shrimp and peppers to a platter. Place pans over 2 burners on medium heat. Add half of the sherry to each pan; boil until reduced by half, scraping up the browned bits, about 2 minutes. Drizzle over shrimp and serve warm or at room temperature.