I have enjoyed these for years. I used to quarter the potatoes, but when I became a diabetic I started to cross cut the potatoes and by eating them a slice at a time you get the full flavor of your potato without eating a lot of carbs. You also get your potato fix and satisfy your cravings. The trick is to place the potatoes between two steak knifes and slice down using the knife handles as stops so you don't cut completely through the potato. Make the slices about an 1/8-inch apart and fan the potato so there is space in between the slices. This holds the spices and supercharges the potato.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cross cut the potatoes and place in a roasting pan.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl except for the green onions.
- Spoon the mixture over the potatoes making sure to fill in the slices.
- Cook for 1 1/2 hours or until golden brown.
- Garnish with green onions.
- This goes excellent with Grilled Salmon with Dill Sauce.
These are some of the best roasted potatoes I've ever had. The rosemary really makes the dish. Thanks so much for sharing!
My family loved these. I skipped the rosemary and green onion and used regular table salt. I did reduce the amount of oil used but I think for our family's tastes I would only use about 3-4 Tablespoons next time. Just personal preference. Thanks for the recipe.