Recipe by newspapergal
This recipe is from Ina Garten's book "Barefoot Contessa Parties!" They are flavorful and easy, although I increase the pepper. Per Ina's suggestion in the book, I make the full amount just for me & DH, and use the leftover potatoes to make potato soup. Yum! *Note= You will need a very large baking sheet; I divide the potatoes between a medium sheet and a cast-iron skillet, and the potatoes cook faster in the skillet - so watch your cooking time if you use a cast-iron skillet OR if you cut the potatoes pretty small
Top Review by Cristina Barry
Wonderful recipe!!! I used 2 pds - small white potatoes, sliced each into four pieces and mixed with minced garlic and extra virgin olive oil. I added plenty of salt and pepper. I baked for the full hour - flipped twice. I used a sheet pan, no foil, Once baked, I did add shaved parmesan. The potatoes were tender in the inside and crispy on the outside, with plenty of favor. A great Barefoot Contessa side!!
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cut potatoes in halves or quarters, leaving skins on. Place them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic; toss until potatoes are well-coated.
- Spray a large baking sheet well with cooking spray.
- Dump potatoes onto baking sheet and spread into one layer.
- Roast for at least an hour, until brown & crisp, TURNING them twice with a spatula during cooking so they will brown evenly.