Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is based on one from Mr. Food. Originally you are to discard the garlic, but personally, its my favorite part to eat, it gets brown and crispy. Yumm.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs potatoes, rinsed and chopped into about 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 head garlic, separated and cloves sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place potatoes into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Cover potatoes with the oil, garlic and pepper; mix to coat.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
Oh, these were lovely! I think I cut them a little small, so they verged on crunchy, and I didn't have to cook them as long as suggested, but super yum! love all the garlic.. of course I left it in, ha ha! Thanks Kim, lovely recipe! Made for Lucky 13 vegetarian swap
So easy to make and they have great flavor. I used baby red potatoes instead of chopping bigger ones. I love the garlic too! Who in their right mind would take it out? :o)
I keep trying every variation of this recipe I find. LOVE your rendition. Slicing the garlic gives it a different taste than mincing or crushing. Instructions were clear and easy to follow and worked perfectly.