- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 1⁄2 lbs yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together oil and garlic in a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes and diagonally cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices, discarding ends.
- Toss slices with garlic oil, then arrange in 1 layer in a large shallowbaking pan (1"deep) and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast potatoes in lower third of oven until undersides are golden brown and crisp, about 1 hour.
- Turn potatoes over with a metal spatual and roast until tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Season potatoes with salt and transfer, crusted sides up to a platter.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Note: Do NOT use a dark aluminum baking pan (including non-stick) for this recipe because the potatoes will burn.