Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a wonderful recipe from Gourmet Magazine.
Make and share this Garlic Roasted Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 1⁄2 lbs yellow-fleshed potatoes, such as yukon gold
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Stir together oil and garlic in a large bowl.
- Peel potatoes and diagonally cut crosswise into 1/2" thick slices, discarding ends.
- Toss slices with garlic oil, then arrange in 1 layer in a large shallowbaking pan (1"deep) and sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Roast potatoes in lower third of oven until undersides are golden brown and crisp, about 1 hour.
- Turn potatoes over with a metal spatual and roast until tender, about 15 minutes more.
- Season potatoes with salt and transfer, crusted sides up to a platter.
- Makes 8 servings.
- Note: Do NOT use a dark aluminum baking pan (including non-stick) for this recipe because the potatoes will burn.
Wonderful flavor and texture. Couldn't be easier to make. I left the skin on and enjoyed them seasoned as directed with a spicy entree. They browned and turned crusty just as promised.
These are delicious! I make them all the time at home. Try adding some paprika, greek seasonings or black pepper. Change or add different seasonings to your taste
These were excellent even though when slicing them I didn't realize I had the thin blade in. But just shortened the roasting time to 15 min. No flipping. I used the Yukon Gold potatoes. Thank you for sharing a great recipe!