Recipe by Mirj
Something really special, a big hit at parties or perfect for noshing on when watching the game (any game).
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1-inch thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans vegetarian chili (with beans)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400║F.
- Lightly spray 2 foil-lined baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, oil, and garlic; toss to coat.
- Arrange in even layer on baking sheets; season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until tender and browned, turning potatoes and switching position of pans halfway.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine chili, cheese and jalape±os; heat over medium-low heat 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro.
- To serve, spoon chili mixture into heatproof bowl; place on large serving platter.
- Surround chili with potato wedges; serve with sour cream and green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Chili may be served as a sauce for dipping or spooned over potato wedges on individual plates.