Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
Something really special, a big hit at parties or perfect for noshing on when watching the game (any game).
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cut lengthwise into 1-inch thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans vegetarian chili (with beans)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- sour cream (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Heat oven to 400║F.
- Lightly spray 2 foil-lined baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine potatoes, oil, and garlic; toss to coat.
- Arrange in even layer on baking sheets; season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until tender and browned, turning potatoes and switching position of pans halfway.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine chili, cheese and jalape±os; heat over medium-low heat 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro.
- To serve, spoon chili mixture into heatproof bowl; place on large serving platter.
- Surround chili with potato wedges; serve with sour cream and green onions, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Chili may be served as a sauce for dipping or spooned over potato wedges on individual plates.
Made these for a pool party over the weekend. They were a great success. Also served with a bowl of ranch dressing/dip for those afraid of my hot chili! Will make again.
we had these last night and the recipe is easy and very very tasty!! they were a great side dish with garlic pepper steaks and a salad!! we will be making these again for sure!! thaks again mirjam for a great dish!!
Oh My...These were wonderful, watching people eat these wasn't pretty, it looked like feeding time at the zoo. Mirj.. another wonderful appetizer. But we are having these again tonight with bbq'ed steak and salad. Hubby request. and he says 2 thumbs up. Another keeper. thanks so much.