Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Straight from Everett & Jones BBQ!
- 1 chipotle pepper, dried
- 3 heads garlic, tops trimed
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 gallon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375, trim the garlic and chipotle, then roast until garlic is golden brow about 20-25 minutes.Bring the water to a boil and add potatoes,oregano,salt and black pepper, boil about 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to pur'ee. Drain potatoes in a colander, transfer to a large mixing bowl whip yo puree' adding the butter milk slowly.Squeeze the garlicfrom each cloce into the potatoes. Mince chipotle, adding as much as you like, the more you add, the spicy it will be. Season to taste.