Recipe by princessmommie
From Kalyn's Kitchen
Top Review by nemokitty
These were wonderful tasting!! I only made 1/2 lb of green beans for the 2 of us and we gobbled them all up! I had to use curly parsley as that is what I have in my garden. Will be making this one again soon. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 1 lb fresh green beans (thin beans preferred, but any type will work)
- 6 shallots, peeled, and cut into thin slivers
- 5 large garlic cloves, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (original recipe called for 3, but I thought 2 was plenty)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or less)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped (I used sliced almonds and only slightly chopped them)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F (If you're cooking other things you can use a slightly lower temperature, just increase the time a little.).
- Trim ends from green beans. If using thin, long beans, cut in half crosswise into pieces about 2 inches long. Peel and cut shallots and garlic, then place with beans in plastic bowl. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper, and use a wooden spoon to toss until beans, shallots, and garlic are well coated with oil.
- Spray roasting pan with nonstick spray or mist with olive oil, then arrange the vegetables in a single layer. (I like to cover the pan with foil, then spray the foil for even easier clean-up.) Roast 12-15 minutes for thin beans, or slightly longer for regular beans, until beans are slightly shriveled, and shallots and garlic are lightly browned.
- While beans cook, toss together chopped parsley, chopped almonds and lemon zest. When beans are done, toss hot beans with parsley/lemon/almond mixture and serve immediately.