Recipe by KathyP53
These come out browned, garlicky and delicious..not your typical green bean!
Top Review by Suzy_Q
Great basic, healthy, simple go to string bean recipe. I've only made this without the almonds but I'm sure it's great with! The only thing I would say is that the recipe calls for a lot of oil and I think you could decrease it a little without compromising the dish. Also, I use lemon juice instead of lemon peel. I've made this once with the scallions and once without. Good both ways but the scallions really make it even better.
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 6 scallions, chopped finely
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and trim green beans. Dry beans with paper towel. Place beans, scallions, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a shallow roasting pan and toss together with your hands. Roast in oven until beans are tender and browned. Toss with lemon peel and almonds and serve immediately.