Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These come out browned, garlicky and delicious..not your typical green bean!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 6 scallions, chopped finely
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon peel
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash and trim green beans. Dry beans with paper towel. Place beans, scallions, garlic, olive oil, and salt and pepper in a shallow roasting pan and toss together with your hands. Roast in oven until beans are tender and browned. Toss with lemon peel and almonds and serve immediately.
Great basic, healthy, simple go to string bean recipe. I've only made this without the almonds but I'm sure it's great with! The only thing I would say is that the recipe calls for a lot of oil and I think you could decrease it a little without compromising the dish. Also, I use lemon juice instead of lemon peel. I've made this once with the scallions and once without. Good both ways but the scallions really make it even better.
Delicious! I made these for the holidays, and now they're requested for every gathering! A nice change from your typical green bean casserole. The only thing I didn't add was the lemon peel.
Hi KathyP53, these are delicious! We started making these for some of the residents and they loved them! The only thing I added was a little bit of crushed red pepper, for that added zing, but for only a few of the residents. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful dish, Diane :)