Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Crustacean restaurants in CA are famous for their garlicky roasted crab, which is a highly guarded secret recipe. This recipe is a great substitute. I especially like to make it on a cold day, and it ranks high on my all-time favorite recipes list.
- Preheat oven to 500*.
- In a very large oven-proof bowl, place butter and olive oil.
- Put in oven to melt butter and heat bowl (the bowl needs to be hot when you add the crab).
- Break crab legs apart from body, and break body into 2 sections per crab, but do not remove meat from shell.
- Stir crab into hot butter and olive oil mixture; sprinkle in minced garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together well.
- Bake for 6 minutes and toss well again.
- Bake another 6 minutes, until crab is heated through and garlic is light brown.
- Remove from oven and top with lemon juice and parsley; toss again.
- Serve from hot bowl with lots of napkins and artisanal French or sourdough bread (such as La Brea Bakery's) to soak up the delicious juices.
That was by far the best crab that I've ever made. Instead of going to Crustaceans for Valentines day, we decided to stay at home. I must say that I impressed myself.
Quick easy and delish!
Wonderful!! This is great, I added a minced shallot and 1/4t of red pepper flakes.