Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received an email from Weight Watchers this morning and it had this recipe featured. 1/2 cup = 2 points (for those following the WW points plan) NOTES from the website:Check after 25 minutes to make sure smaller pieces of corn are not burning. Store any uneaten kernels in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To recrisp any soft kernels, reheat in oven on a sheet pan until crispy. Add even greater flavor to this recipe by tossing the corn with flavored vegetable oil such as basil- or chili-flavored oil (for the Flex Plan only).
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 4 medium corn on the cob, raw, kernels removed with a knife
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Pour oil into a large, sided baking pan. Add corn, garlic powder, paprika and salt; stir to mix.
- Bake until crisp, shaking pan occasionally, about 45 minutes. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
Just FYI - you can use frozen corn here, just let it thaw, put it on a casserole dish and pat dry. Then sprinkle on your oil and spices. I also stir every 10 minutes while they crisp up so they brown evenly. This is one of my favorite snacks, better than corn nuts or chips.