Recipe by Laura123
This dish was made for my family by the daughter of family friends who stayed with us while her parents traveled back to Poland for a few weeks, we were in junior high at the time. It's so simple but SO good, I still make it to this day. It is very garlic-y so beware!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 whole chicken, cut in pieces
- 5 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed in bite sized pieces
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large roasting pan or dish, melt the butter in the oven.
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Place the chicken pieces, potatoes and garlic cloves in the buttery pan, turning to coat. Arrange chicken so skin sides are facing up.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake 40 - 45 minutes basting with pan juices every 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour syrup over chicken.
- Return to oven for another 20 minutes or until golden.