From Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- 6 large chicken breasts, with skin and bones
- 1 head garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 4 slices apple-smoked bacon, thick slices, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1Whisk water and salt in large bowl til salt dissolves. Stir in smashed garlic, thyme sprigs, bay leaves and peppercorns. Add chicken. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Place whole unpeeled garlic cloves and oil in small ovenproof dish; toss to coat. Cover and roast til tender, about 45 minute Cool slightly and peel.
- 3Meanwhile, place potatoes in med saucepan. Cover with cold water. Boil til tender, about 15 minute Drain and let stand til cool enough to handle. Peel potatoes. (Garlic and potatoes can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover seperately and chill).
- 4Preheat oven to 400. Cook bacon in heavy large pot over med til brown. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel to drain. Increase heat to med-high. Drain chicken and pat dry. Add chicken, skin side down to bacon drippings in pot. Cook til brown, about 5 min per side. Transfer chicken to rimmed baking sheet. Bake chicken til cooked through, about 25 minute Tent with foil to keep warm.
- 5Return bacon to pot. Stir over med-high heat 30 seconds. Add broth, bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits. Boil til reduced to 2 cups, about 8 minute Add butter; whisk until blended. Stir in parsley, thyme, potatoes, and roasted garlic; stir to warm through. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Divide potatoes and garlic among plates. Top each with a chicken breast. Drizzle remaining sauce over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Roasted Chicken With Fingerling Potatoes and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (770 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.1
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 4902.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: