Recipe by Latchy
This is a really tasty recipe and of course the beans are good as a side dish with other meats. Prep time does not take into account marinading time
- 16 chicken wings
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 80 ml honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- braised white beans
- 200 g dried cannellini beans
- 50 g butter
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 birds eye chiles, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 160 ml chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken, garlic, cumin, juice, honey and soy sauce in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Can even freeze it at this stage.
- Drain chicken over a large bowl, reserve marinade.
- Place the chicken on a wire rack in a baking dish and bake in a hot oven220DC brushing with the reserved marinade for about 30 minutes until browned and cooked.
- Serve with the beans.
- BRAISED BEANS Place the beans in a medium bowl, cover with water; soak overnight.
- Rinse the beans in cold water and drain.
- Add the beans to a large pan of boiling water, simmer uncovered, about 40 minutes until just tender.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and cook the onion, chilli, and cumin stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add the beans and remaining ingredients, bring to boil and simmer uncovered until beans are hot.