Prep 10 hrs
Cook 8 mins
From a good friend of mine, the queen of the crock! :-) I've made this with just the breasts with good luck as well!
- Sprinkle the chicken, inside and out, with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spread half of the garlic in the cavity and spread the rest on the outside of the bird.
- Place the bird in the crock pot and place a few pats of butter on its breast.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve the hot garlic butter sauce with the chicken.
great. loved this. I used BS chicken breasts and they fell apart. I put some refrigeration buttermilk biscuits on top for the last hour and the whole dish was wonderful!
This was the absolute best!!! The garlic, paprika and the butter formed an unforgettable union that filled the house with an aroma to die for.
Wow! Oh! Wow! The aroma alone is worth 5 STARS---not to mention the flavor and moistness-ity! :rofl: The only change I made was to use a whole head of garlic (10 cloves); and I used 10 pieces of chicken (drums and thighs). Served with brown & wild rice mixture (with mushrooms). Oh, baby! YMMM-good!