Recipe by CandyTX
From a good friend of mine, the queen of the crock! :-) I've made this with just the breasts with good luck as well!
- 1 (5 lb) roasting chickens
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- 5 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1⁄4 lb sweet butter
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken, inside and out, with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spread half of the garlic in the cavity and spread the rest on the outside of the bird.
- Place the bird in the crock pot and place a few pats of butter on its breast.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve the hot garlic butter sauce with the chicken.