Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Such a wonderful and simple presentation of one of spring's best vegetables with the irresistible flavor of garlic. So easy to make- (but no one has to know how easy it is!!!)
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (may use Asiago)
- Heat oil and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat until garlic becomes golden- several minutes (do not burn garlic); allow oil to cool.
- Bend asparagus gently at a natural point and when it snaps, discard end pieces.
- Place asparagus on a lipped roasting pan and toss with infused olive oil and garlic, coating all pieces.
- Line up asparagus and push together, season with salt and pepper, then sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 400°F for 12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve at once.
Bought enough asparagus for the family meal.....used your recipe....ate the whole batch myself. I'm so ashamed.
These went great with our roast and garlic mashed potatoes! We loved the addition of the cheese. Really pumps up the flavor!
This was a great way to roast asparagus! Thanks for the recipe. I took this to a friend's house for dinner and got lots of compliments. Definitely infusing the oil with the garlic in a saute pan and rolling the asparagus in it made a nice difference.