Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Due to the high sodium content in most commercial salad dressings, I make my own. Since I prefer the flavor of roasted garlic over raw, I roast a bulb every Saturday and make salad dressings on Sundays. This recipe is from Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Peel most of the papery skin from bulb.
- Cut tip off, exposing tops of cloves.
- Place in small baking dish or on square of foil.
- Add 1 T water.
- Cover dish or close foil square.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until very soft to the touch.
- Let cool.
- Separate cloves and store in refrigerator.
- Peel cloves as needed.
- Sealed and refrigerated, it will keep for at least a week.
A simple, super easy and totally healthy way to roast garlic so that it is on hand whenever you need it which, if you love garlic as much as I do, is every day – and almost every meal! I made this for Pick a Chef 2006. Thanks Netgirl!
Great easy way of roasting garlic but not as tasty as some of the other recipes on Zaar. However it is a good basic way that is low fat, low sodium.