Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
For a mouth watering roast, stuff chicken with garlic and parsley stalks, and smother it in a delicious creamy mustard gravy!
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Thoroughly wash the chicken and pat dry.
- Blanch the garlic cloves in boiling water for 3 minutes, then drain and push the cloves into the cavity of the chicken and plug with the parsley stalks.
- Rub the skin of the chicken with the vinegar, then with the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and place on a trivet in the oven. Turn the heat down to 350F and cook for 1½ hours.
- Remove from the oven, take out the parsley stalks and reserve. Transfer the chicken to a plate and pour the juices and garlic into an oven tray. Return this to the oven for ten minutes to crisp up the garlic, then remove the tray from the oven and place straight onto the stovetop at a low heat. Pour in the white wine and chopped parsley and reduce by half.
- Now add the chicken stock, reduce by half and stir in the mustard and heavy cream. Serve the roast chicken with the mustard sauce, sauteed potatoes and braised spinach.