This is from a Taste of Home recipe magazine. Originally submitted by Bridget Evans of Forreston, IL. This is a super simple and tasty recipe for a busy weeknight. The recipe calls for a loaf of garlic bread but I used the presliced texas toast type frozen garlic bread and it worked out perfectly. I also used chipotle cheddar sliced cheese which was tasty too. Loved this recipe so much I had to post it.
- Bake garlic gread according to package directions.
- Meanwhile; in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Layer each half of garlic bread with roast beef, mushroom mixture and cheese.
- Return to oven.
- Bake 1 or 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve immediately.