Recipe by KVasanth
This is a really (and I mean really) easy and delicious way to prepare a roast. It can apply to any kind of meat- lamb, chicken, pork, beef, etc... Also, since garlic applies to most cuisines, the leftovers are fabulous if they're chopped and then added to anything from leftover curries to spaghetti sauce.
- 700 g boneless leg of lamb, most fat trimmed (but not all)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- With a small, sharp knife, make a few stabs into the meat. Rub salt and pepper liberally all over roast.
- Crush garlic. Smear all over roast, trying to get as much as you can into the crevices created by the knife, as well as the natural crevices.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and roast for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Let stand for 10 minutes, then carve and serve.