Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had some beautiful large mushrooms and wanted to make them with a cheesy filling.
- 7 large white mushrooms, stems removed
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 -4 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean mushrooms, remove stems.
- Chop stems, and the one extra mushroom.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan.
- Add chopped stems and the one extra mushroom.
- Halfway through cooking add crushed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly in a small mixing bowl.
- Add ricotta and 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan.
- Fill caps with the cheese mixture and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan on top.
- Bake for approx 20-25 minutes.
Yummy!!! These were so good. I ade a double batch for my weekly pasta night dinner party as an appetizer. Everyone ate them up. I did add about 1/4 cup of onions to the mushrooms while cooking and I really think that they helped to punch up the flavor. I also added a tsp. of red pepper flakes as suggested by some other reviewers but I think that I will skip on these next time. Mine had enough flavor without them and it made the mushrooms a little too spicy for my liking. I have some leftover filling and am trying to think of a creative way to use it up. Maybe as a veggie dip for lunch one day? Anyways, thanks for a recipe I will be sure to use again and again!
I have made these with both button mushrooms and portabellas... They were both good! I didnt have to make any changes at all. The second time I added a bit of diced onion to the mixture just for fun. They help to make the SBD a little more berable. Thanks for sharing mom!
These were so good and really easy. I added a bit of oregano and crushed pepper to the filling. Served these as a meatless meal for myself and DH ate them as a side to his chop. Thanks for posting this recipe, I'll be making it again.