Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes for a very nice and colorful rice dish. If you are a real garlic lover then you can up the amount by a few cloves.
- 1 small green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, or slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 cups rice, cooked in chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- Cook peppers, pine nuts, and garlic in butter in large skillet over medium-high heat until light brown.
- Add rice and parsley; stir until thoroughly heated.
This was really quite tasty. This was very easy to fix and despite very few ingredients, came out full of flavor. I used a red and a yellow bell pepper, so I added a pinch of salt as I sauteed them (which took maybe 10 minutes). This looked very pretty on the table too.I will make this regularly whenever I am serving roasted chicken.
UmmmmUmmmmm good! We are garlic lovers so I added an extra clove and used my favorite, Basmati rice. What a great combination of flavors and easy to prepare. We will make again...and again....and again. Thanks for sharing!
My family really quite liked this dish, even my fussy son! I used 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper and also thingly sliced a sweet onion and fried that up as well. Lovely flavours and looked great. This one is a keeper. Thanks for posting.