Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. Rice is another of those Internations dishes. I love rice dishes and am always on the look out for new ones to prepare. I am lucky that my picky dh loves rice also and is willing to try them. This one promises to be tasty. Use as much salt and pepper as you desire.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 chilies, green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews, whole (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon almonds, slivered (badam)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee, clarified butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Using a heavy wok, heat it up and add the clarified butter.
- Then add the garlic and green chilies to it.
- Once garlic turns golden in color, add the dry fruits and roast for half a minute.
- Now add the cooked rice, sprinkle salt and pepper and mix well.
- Garnish the Garlic Rice with fresh coriander and serve.
This is great! I will definitely make this again. A wonderful use for leftover rice. Thanks for sharing! Made for Zaar Stars.
Excellent, great flavor. Everyone loved it. Served it with Afghan - Style Chicken (Murgh). Thank You. Made for ZWT8.
Absolutely fantastic rice!!! So flavorful and great texture with the added nuts!!! I didn't have any leftover (already cooked) rice, so made some an hour or so before dinner and then chilled it. I served this with Tandoori Chicken, green beans and garlic bread and even picky 20 yo DS loved this meal!!! Thanks my friend for another great recipe. Made for ZWT8.