Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. Rice is another of those Internations dishes. I love rice dishes and am always on the look out for new ones to prepare. I am lucky that my picky dh loves rice also and is willing to try them. This one promises to be tasty. Use as much salt and pepper as you desire.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 2 chilies, green, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashews, whole (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon almonds, slivered (badam)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ghee, clarified butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a heavy wok, heat it up and add the clarified butter.
- Then add the garlic and green chilies to it.
- Once garlic turns golden in color, add the dry fruits and roast for half a minute.
- Now add the cooked rice, sprinkle salt and pepper and mix well.
- Garnish the Garlic Rice with fresh coriander and serve.