Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes a great little topper for toast or crackers.
- 100 g whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 150 ml hot water
- 1 large onion, sliced fine
- 50 g butter
- 25 g fresh yeast
- 3 crushed garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the water.
- Melt the butter and sauté the onion until transparent. Add the bread and liquid and stir until no free liquid remains.
- Take off the heat and crumble in the yeast and add the other ingredients.
- Beat well and press into a serving dish. Cover and cool before serving.