Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I first made this one night when the family wanted somthing different I originally used leftover shrimp and I've improved the recipe since so it's all fresh now. IT IS WONDERFUL!!
- 1 lb peeled deviened shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dip
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- cooked fettuccine pasta
- Heat 2or 3 tblsp good extra vigin olive oil in a large non stick pan.
- Saute shallot and garlic till slightly golden. Add mushrooms and saute till they start to wilt. Add shrimp and cook till nice and pink.
- Deglaze pan with wine and let reduce.
- Add oregano, basil and cream, reduce heat and let simmer about 10 min or till it starts to thicken.
- Stir in veggie dip, parmesan cheese and paprika and let heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Serve over noodles with some good garlic bread and fresh ground black pepper.
Despite all the ingredients, this wasn't too hard and looked like something you would get in a restaurant! I'm not sure I liked the paprika much in this - next time I would leave it out. I also had to add some extra cream because the sauce ended up being way too thick. However, it's really quite yummy and great for leftovers!