Recipe by kitchenwitch71
I first made this one night when the family wanted somthing different I originally used leftover shrimp and I've improved the recipe since so it's all fresh now. IT IS WONDERFUL!!
Top Review by HoserLauren
Despite all the ingredients, this wasn't too hard and looked like something you would get in a restaurant! I'm not sure I liked the paprika much in this - next time I would leave it out. I also had to add some extra cream because the sauce ended up being way too thick. However, it's really quite yummy and great for leftovers!
- 1 lb peeled deviened shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup cream or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dip
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- cooked fettuccine pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2or 3 tblsp good extra vigin olive oil in a large non stick pan.
- Saute shallot and garlic till slightly golden. Add mushrooms and saute till they start to wilt. Add shrimp and cook till nice and pink.
- Deglaze pan with wine and let reduce.
- Add oregano, basil and cream, reduce heat and let simmer about 10 min or till it starts to thicken.
- Stir in veggie dip, parmesan cheese and paprika and let heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Serve over noodles with some good garlic bread and fresh ground black pepper.